top of page

An early 20th century Edwardian hand painted escutcheon mounted on an oak shield representing the college coat of arms of St John’s College. Made by A.W. Crisp & Co. of 16 King’s Parade, Cambridge, who operated from this address as heraldic artists between 1884 to 1974.

 

English, circa 1910

 

Dimensions
Height: 32.5cm / 12¾"
Width: 23.5cm / 9¼"

St John’s College was established in 1511 and founded by Lady Margaret Beaufort. Both St John’s College and Christ’s College bear the arms of Lady Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Richmond and Derby, who was the mother of King Henry VII. The buildings of St John’s include the chapel, the Hall, the old library, a more contemporary ‘new’ library, a bar and common rooms for fellows, graduates and undergraduates. There are also extensive gardens, lawns, a sports ground and the college boat house. St John’s has a good sporting history and enjoys success in most of the major sports on offer at Cambridge.

An Edwardian Coat of Arms Representing St John's College, Cambridge, c.1910

£350.00Price
    bottom of page